红字是我认为要改的地方
- Welcome back my son. I've missed you.
——欢迎回来,我的孩子。我时常在想念你。
Have our men begun setting up the encampment?
我们的族人已经开始扎营了么?
- Yes, father.
——是的,父亲。
- Good. This is a lush, fertile land. (也许不重要,口语中and经常被带 过 .)
I think we can make a home here.
——很好。这是一块丰饶而肥沃的土地。
我想我们可以在这里建立家园。
- I agree. We would do well in this place.
——我很赞成。我们将会在这里安居乐业。
- Come, sit with me, and listen.
——来,坐一会儿吧,听我说句话。
I've had a dream of our people's future.
我做了一个梦,梦见了我们的人民的未来。
It was glorious, glorious...
非常辉煌的未来……
I saw our people spreading throughout the land and across the oceans, expanding our kingdom.
我看见我们的人民穿越大陆、跨过海洋,扩展我们的疆域。
And discovering new people and great riches in far away lands.
在遥远的地方发现了未知的民族和无限的财富。
We've build wondrous monuments honoring the gods, which reached up to brush the very fabric of the heavens.
我们还建造了高耸入云的壮丽奇观,来彰显众神的荣耀。
And then I saw a vast city with great buildings of stone, each more magnificent than the last.
我还看见一座巨大的城市,许多高大而坚固的石头房屋。
The streets were filled with our people in numbers beyond counting.
我们的人民在繁忙的街道上来来往往,不计其数。
There was suffering as well… great and terrible (不能肯定) , brought about by the torments of war.
我也看见许多苦难……残酷的战争带来无限的恐怖。
We were strong, and we brought victory to our people.
但是我们坚强面对,为我们的人民赢得了最终的胜利。
There my dream ended, and my story as well, for it has been revealed to me that it is your future I dreamed of, not mine.
后来我的梦醒了,我的故事也到此结束。我意识到了我梦见的将来不属于我,而属于你。
The fate of our people is now in your hands.
现在我们的人民的命运掌握在你的手中。
I envy you, my boy. You decisions will shape history itself.
我羡慕你,我的孩子。你做出的决定将塑造历史。
Go now my son, with my blessing, and decide your future...
去吧,我的孩子,带着我的祝福,去决定你的未来…… |